Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Tribute from the Land of the Bandwagon Jumpers


When I talked to Andy Friday I made him the following promise: If the Tigers beat the Yankees out, I would buy a Detroit hat, take my picture, and post it here. Since this sad fact did indeed come to pass, and I am a man of my word, I went to the mall a few minutes ago to make the purchase. Here's the problem, I went to every sports store in the mall and there were no Tigers anything to be found. Looks like there has been a run on all of the Detroit crap. Oh well, I do live in the land of the bandwagon jumpers as is evident every year just before the World Series and especially when a man like Rick Pitino goes to the team you despise the most.

Anyway, couldn't come through on the hat bro, so I made this sign instead. Go Tigers! yawn...... Just kidding, I'm actually for the Tigers to win it all. I always go with the team that knocks out the Yankees because it takes the best to beat the best!

3 comments:

Marcel said...

Going with that analogy, Donnie, looks like the Mets are taking the Series.

Nice sign. ;)

Andy said...

Nice one, Donny - Way to go! Brilliant, simply brilliant.

A's vs. Tigers is going to be very, very good series.

Anonymous said...

That is the best smile I can manage, considering.....

I know how to fix the Yankees and will write a post about it soon.