Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hell Froze Over Today



Well, it's official, Hell has frozen over! I didn't think it would ever in a million years happen but it did thanks to Mr. Steinbrenner. This morning they broke ground in the Bronx on the new Yankee Stadium. I'm a bit upset as you can tell because they will eventually knock down the "House that Ruth" built to provide parking for the new, state of the art stadium. In my mind, it is the equivalent of knocking over the birthplace of George Washington to build a bigger house next door that glorifies his life.

It's a sad day for die-hard Yankee fans. It's a happy day for all the rest of you.

5 comments:

Will Robison said...

Yankees - love 'em or hate 'em... Its a sad day for baseball.

That leaves Wrigley and Fenway and that venerable old Dodger Stadium as the only old parks remaining.

Then I think its the A in Anaheim (I think they only remodeled, but I could be wrong). And the Oakland Colliseum. I don't think I've forgotten anyone, have I? Do the Twins have a new stadium?

Will Robison said...

Of course... Andy goes to Comiskey II and the next day, the Yankees get a new stadium. Does anyone else see the connection here?

Andy said...

Be thankful that I didn't go to Wrigley...

Anonymous said...

Andy- Why don't you swing by Columbus, OH and take in a Clippers game? They are fighting over whether or not to build a new stadium and if you showed up, the argument would end and the new stadium would be built. You could be the peacemaker to some and the kiss of death to others..

Marcel said...

Hey, I'm no Yankee fan either, but as a baseball purist, yes, sad. Very sad. Plus side: Ghost of Ruth can crash tailgate parties, drink beer and eat hot dogs in the new parking lot.

Sidenote: My word verification for this posting came up as: OUVDNY.

VD...NY...Could this be an omen?