Thursday, June 01, 2006

I Am Proud

I hope I don't end up jinxing him by posting this: If Brandon Webb goes on to win 4 of his next 5, he will be the starting pitcher for the NL in the All-Star Game! I know you guys are not D'Back fans, but I wish you all had the opportunity to know this kid. He is a humble guy that doesn't like the spotlight and he is the most down to earth athlete I have ever been around.

Growing up, he was just a little blonde headed kid that played with my cousin. I used to take them to my folk's pool when I was in high school and I never dreamed he would grow up to pitch at UK let alone in the majors. Then it turned out that when I met my wife (Ashland's Cheerleading Coach at the time), Brandon's future wife cheered for her and had grown up around her. He's an awesome guy, she's an awesome girl, and I couldn't be any more proud.

Go Brandon, win them all! First stop All-Stars, Second stop Cy Young!

3 comments:

Andy said...

8-0, 2.01 ERA, 58 K's vs. 10 BBs. Also 2 CG and 2 Shut Outs.

A darn good line. NL All-Star Starter? We'll see. But on the NL All-Star team? Most definitely.

Will Robison said...

I admit that since hearing you praise Webb, I've been taking an interest in him. He has been pitching quite well. I just hope the Giants miss him next time through. Of course, I'm not surprised the D-Backs are doing so well, Brandon Webb aside.

Anonymous said...

You're right Will, they seem to be hitting on almost all cylinders right now. They're a good young team. Marci and I hope to get out there next year to visit them and hit the park for a few games. I got to meet Gonzo, Ortiz, Valverde, and Medders a couple years ago and hope to meet some of the other guys too. I just hope they keep it up, they are awfully young though but fun to watch no doubt.